Call for Participation: The NRC 2019 Idea Pitch Competition
The KSEA Northeast Regional Conference (NRC) and KITEE hold the second NRC Idea Pitch Competition on March 23rd, 2019 during the NRC 2019 in the Montclair State University, New Jersey. This competition aims to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students studying engineering and science and encourage them to pursue building a promising startup. Of the many that apply, selected budding entrepreneurs will go head-to-head to compete individually or as a team to win an award of $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee in various areas including formation, business plan, fundraising, legal, accountant and financial, marketing & channel introduction, and related technologies until they grow to the next phase of business.
Scope & Eligibility
• Any compelling idea for business that has not been commercialized yet
• Any KSEA and KITEE member as of March 13th, 2019 (at least one KSEA or KITEE member)
• Has received under US$300K in funding
• Is less than 3 years old as of March 23rd, 2019
Winners (up to 3)
• 1st place: $2,000 plus, upon requests,
continuous assistance from KITEE
• 2nd place: $500
• Idea Award: $500
• March 6th, 2019 Due of Notification of Intention (optional)
(The Committee will provide support for preparation upon requests.)
• March 13th, 2019 Application due (email)
• March 17th, 2019 Finalists notification
• March 23rd, 2019 Pitch!
• March 23rd, 2019 Winner announcement
How To Apply
• By March 13th, submit a one-page description to email@example.com with the following:
Your startup’s value proposition
Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
• A rubric for evaluation will be posted at http://www.kitee.org February 28.
• Finalists will showcase their innovative solution, idea, or technology and will be assessed a panel of judges on site.
• Each will have a total of 10 minutes (6 minutes to pitch and 4 minutes for Q&A with the panel).
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.
Updated information will be available at the KITEE website, http://www.kitee.org.