Call for Papers 2023 NRC
2023 North Regional Conference (NRC)
NRC2023 Andrew Kim Memorial Foundation Scholarships Announcement
Dear Young Scholars of KSEA,
On behalf of the organizing committee of the Northeast Regional Conference (NRC) 2023, we would like to invite you to apply for Andrew Kim Memorial Foundation (AKF) Scholarships, which was created to commemorate Mr. Andrew Kim, who died on September 11 attack. Since 2018, the AKF has awarded scholarships to young scientists and engineers like Andrew, who loved science, at the NRC each year.
The NRC is jointly organized the Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) New Jersey, New York Metropolitan, and Philadelphia Chapters. NRC 2023 will be held on April 29th, 2023 at Montclair State University, and will bring together faculties, researchers, engineers, post-docs, graduate, and undergraduate students from all disciplines of science and engineering. During the NRC 2023, the selected awardees will have an opportunity to present their work at the conference. We encourage everyone to participate in this scholarship award opportunity. All post-secondary students (undergraduate and graduate students) and early career scholars, including post-doctoral researchers, are welcome to apply. We highly encourage applications from undergraduate and graduate students.
● All post-secondary students (undergraduate, graduate students) and early career scholars including post-doctoral researchers.
● Definition of Early career scholars
– Applicants who received the doctoral degree within 5 years (after April 1, 2018) or
– who received the bachelor’s or master’s degree within 10 years (after April 1, 2013) or
– who are in the degree courses (undergraduate, graduate students)
● Must be a KSEA member to participate in the scholarship competition. If not, please become a member today at https://www.ksea.org/signUp
Four scholarship awards ($1000 x 1 and $500 x3) with an award certificate.
1. Abstract (See the guideline)
2. CV (Maximum 2 pages)
Deadline: April 2, 2023.
Send to NRC 2023 Scholarship committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an email title of “NRC 2023 AKF Scholarship Application_your name”
● Abstract category: e.g., Basic science, Medical science,
Computer science, Chemistry, Science Education, Engineering, etc.
● KSEA membership ID
● Affiliation: e.g., The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065
● Format: within 1,200 words with Times New Roman, font size 12 point
● Please refer to the abstract template
The awardees will be announced on the NRC homepage (http://nrc.kseany.org) and also will be notified email on April 8, 2023. All awardees must give a presentation at the NRC Conference on April 29, 2023.
NRC 2023 Scholarship Committee Chair, Sae Woong Park
NRC 2023 Conference Chair, Ohbong Kwon
NRC 2023 Conference Co-Chair, Hyojin Kim